The COVID-19 pandemic has caused tremendous disruption across the UK, yet the need for alcohol and drug testing in the workplace has never been more prevalent.
Our hosted webinar training sessions, delivered on Zoom, are based on our award-winning workplace testing training days and cover everything you need to know about implementing drug and alcohol testing in the workplace.
The course is presented over 3 sessions and is suitable for all levels of staff. Practical equipment demonstrations run alongside product-specific training. Certification is provided upon successful completion of the final online assessment.
- CPD accredited training course
- Available on a weekly basis
- From £79 + VAT
What can be gained from this training course?
- 3-7 hours towards your CPD (module-dependent)
- The knowledge and practical skills to competently enforce your workplace drug and alcohol policy.
- Tailored advice for your organisation’s workplace drug and alcohol policy and recommendations from our experienced trainers.
SESSION 1: ALCOHOL TESTING
- Alcohol processing and tolerance
- Blood alcohol vs. breath alcohol levels
Workplace Alcohol Policies
- Alcohol limits
- Relevant laws and regulations
- When to test for alcohol
- Best practice procedures
- Alcohol testing equipment
SESSION 2: DRUG TESTING – THEORY
Methods of drug testing
- Pros and cons of saliva, urine and hair testing
- Windows of detection
- Signs & symptoms of use
Effects of drugs
- Sedatives, stimulants and hallucinogenics
- Prescribed medications
Drug testing legislation
- Drug Drive laws & limits
- How to implement testing within your company
SESSION 3: DRUG TESTING – PRACTICAL
Oral Fluid Screening Kits
- Low cost screening
- Police-grade testing
- Best practice procedures
- Practical demonstrations
Laboratory Chain of Custody
- Best practice procedure
- Practical assessment
The course will suit you if you are at any of the following stages:
- No current alcohol and drug policy but looking to introduce one
- Current policy but want to review it and introduce drug & alcohol testing
- Unsure whether you want to implement in-house testing or out-source to an external drug & alcohol testing service
- Already do in-house alcohol and/or drug testing but want to review current procedure and equipment
- Already use alcohol and drug testing equipment but only require training for a couple of people
- You are/want to be a provider of alcohol and drug testing services
It is always recommended that you review your current drug and alcohol policy and procedures on a regular basis.
If you are in the early stages of introducing a policy, you will receive up-to-date information on legislation and the best steps to apply alcohol and drug testing. If you are in the latter stages, then you can review your current policy and ensure you are complying with best practice procedures.
Our hosted webinar training sessions are available to book online. We usually host them on a weekly basis.
Click here to see our current planned schedule of courses.
If you can’t find a date to suit you or you would like to speak to us about an exclusive group booking for your company or organisation, please call us on 0208 454 7372.